Are you looking for the best fiber optic internet promotions, but are still unsure what all the hype is surrounding this technology? Fiber optics is undoubtedly the next generation of wireline internet, which despite the popularity of wireless, isn't going away anytime soon. Fiber optics internet boasts networks that are cheaper to lay and maintain than copper wire. Fiber optics consists of pure fiber lines utilizing light signals for transmission rather than electrical, which ultimately means less signal degradation, unparalleled speed, clarity, cost and reliability. These fiber lines are ideally suited for the transference of digital information used for internet, telephone and television connections. You can easily check for fiber optic internet availability by clicking on the links below and entering the appropriate zip code and address information.
So why is fiber optic internet more expensive than DSL? In a word, infrastructure. DSL infrastructure evolved from our existing telephone landlines. Fiber optic networks need to be built out, which costs a lot of money up front, but in the long run will save the consumer exponentially. However, bundles greatly reduce the cost up front. Let's take a look at the two major players in fiber optics today:
- Customized all-digital Internet & Television Bundles
- No contract required
- Total Home DVR and HD-ready receiver -- record up to four shows at once; play back anywhere in the house while controlling each television separately
- Programmable from any internet connection
- Wireless home network
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- 100% digital FiOS TV, Internet and Home Phone Bundles
- No term contract required
- Free wireless router
- Free activation with online-only order
- Free installation
- Fastest internet speeds available
High speed internet solutions, including DSL, cable, fiber optics, and wireless connections, provide access to the information superhighway for the 21st century. Comparing your options is easier than ever with high speed internet providers.