ISP News - Latest High Speed Internet Provider Headlines
Here you will find headlines and the latest news on top high speed internet providers.
- April 30, 2012 - Microsoft, Barnes & Noble Partner In Deal - Microsoft has invested $300 million in a deal that will see Windows 8 bundled with the Nook digital bookstore.
- Facebook Reaches New Membership Record
New York - April 25, 2012 - A regulatory filing by Facebook has revealed that the site now has over 900 million active users. But its growth continues to slow. Read More.
- April 17, 2012 - GDrive Could Offer 5 GB Of Free Storage - Users could soon be getting 5 GB of free storage, thanks to Google's new cloud-based storage service. Working much like existing services such as Dropbox, the GDrive is rumoured to be launching next week, although no official announcement has yet been made.
- FCC And Major Carriers Unite To Curb Cell Phone Theft
Washington DC - April 11, 2012 - The black market for stolen cell phones took a big hit this week as plans were unveiled to render phones that were reported stolen useless to other users. Read More.
- April 03, 2012 - Less Energy Use Goal Of Opower App - Facebook users are raving about a new app released today that allows them to monitor and compare their energy use with other homes in the U.S. The app answers a growing consumer demand for tools and information which can help them to better manage their use of energy in the home.
- Web-Based App Sends Reports From Day Care Centers
Ann Arbor, MI - March 27, 2012 - Teachers can enjoy more time with children, and parents get peace of mind with a new mobile app that monitors day care center activity. Read More.
- March 19, 2012 - Telcos Feeling The Rush Of New iPad Excitement - By now, we all know that Apple's release of its new iPad last week made the company billions of dollars and broke multiple records. But telcos are also benefiting from the recent launch in the form of high activation numbers.
- Report Examines Consumer Access Of Digital Music
Dallas, Texas - March 19, 2012 - A report by Parks Associates examines how consumers currently access their music, sparking discussion about possible new technology. Read More.
- March 5, 2012 - Symantec CEO To Speak At Kansas Security Event - Ethical hackers and security professionals will join Enrique Salem, CEO of security giant Symantec at Infosec night to discover how current security threats are shaping the way businesses protect their information. The event will occur on March 21st in Kansas City.
- Growing Mobile Data Usage Could See Developers Footing The Bill
United States - February 28, 2012 - AT&T is one of many carriers trying to find new ways to help pay for the growing costs of mobile data usage. One of them may be to charge developers for the time users spend using their apps.
- Next Generation TV will Be Based In The Cloud
United States - February 21, 2012 - Comcast recently announced that after successful testing in Georgia, X1, a new cloud-based cable TV service, would be installed in homes across the United States in 2012.
- February 14, 2012 - New Smartphone App Benefits Snowbirds, Travelers Frequent travelers to foreign countries no longer have to manually enter their information about their business or vacation stays manually, thanks to the Above Border app, which automatically tracks the length of time spent in any location.
- The Freedom To Move And Install A TV Anywhere Now A Reality For AT&T U-verse Customers
Dallas, Texas - February 6, 2012 - The new AT&T U-verse TV Wireless Receiver is the first fully-integrated solution that can give you high quality television viewing anywhere inside or outside your home.Read More.
- Skiers In Five Countries Will Continue To Benefit From Handy App
Croyden, U.K. - January 31, 2012 - A popular skiing app for the iPhone called Resort Maps will continue to help skiers find nearby points of interest, find information and more as they shush. Read More.
- January 23, 2012 - New Mobility Solutions Will Increase Security Of Data For Those In Healthcare - Your next visit to the doctor could be handled by mHealth. A popular technology company has announced its offering of Tablet software which allows physicians to access records quickly, without worry of patient data being compromised.
- Digital Culture Will Be Celebrated In New York
New York - January 23, 2012 - Internet Week New York 2012 is coming in May, and the fifth annual festival promises to be the best yet, with hundreds of events scheduled to happen across the city. See the full article.
- New Network Devices By TRENDnet To Be Showcased At This Year's CES in Las Vegas -Torrance, California - January 9, 2012 - The growing demand for fast mobile wireless technology has been answered by at least one company, who will debut its soon-to-be-available devices at the CES in Nevada this year. Read More.
- January 2, 2012 - New Technology Will Make Cell Phones Easier To Unlock - Low threshold face recognition could be the new name of the game if an application by Apple is approved. The software allows for cell phone owners to access their locked phones with a snapshot from its camera or a single touch.
You can find many interesting articles from previous years in our aritcle archive section. See highlights of 2011. We have a comprehensive comparison guide that makes the decision making process for choosing a high speed internet provider effortless. Feel free to walk through the High Speed Internet Guide to find exactly what you are looking for.