Here’s How To Increase The Speed Of Your DSL or Cable Internet
There are several things you should consider if you want to get your moneys worth when it comes to your broadband provider:
2. Get a new modem if the one you have is more than 2 years old. Your internet provider is likely to do this for you at no extra cost.
3. Ask your ISP to check your modem configuration so that speed you’re getting for uploads and downloads matches those promised by your provider. You can check this on your own or ask them for help.
4. Check your internet lines. The more interference with your lines there is, the higher the chance you will be losing speed. Ensure that no connections are loose. Test your speed as close as possible to the outlet. You may also want to test the connection at the origination point located outside your home. The cable company should be doing this, but you can save yourself time and money by doing it on your own.
5. Consider using software that automatically configures your network and Windows settings. There are some free programs out there and others at affordable prices.
6. Install an accelerator, which can increase the loading time of web pages.
7. Re-test your speed during the same peak time to gauge whether or not your results improved.